DeLay Humor: Laugh or You'll Cry
From about.com - today's political humor department takes a look at another political embarrassment in the US: Tom DeLay, now indicted for a felony count of campaign finance fraud. Here is the series of 10 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Tom DeLay Quotes Quotes collected by Daniel Kurtzman. Where it says (Source) will give the links to the direct proof via about.com.
10 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Tom DeLay
2) "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" –Tom Delay, to three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)
3) "I AM the federal government." –Tom DeLay, to the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14, 2003 (Source)
4) "We're no longer a superpower. We're a super-duper power." –Tom DeLay, explaining why America must topple Saddam Hussein in 2002 interview with Fox News (Source)
5) "Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes." –Tom DeLay, March 12, 2003 (Source)
6) "Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take birth control pills." –Tom DeLay, on causes of the Columbine High School massacre, 1999 (Source)
7) "A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide structure. To provide stability. Not that a woman can't provide stability, I'm not saying that... It does take a father, though." -Tom DeLay, in a radio interview, Feb. 10, 2004 (Source)
8) "I don't believe there is a separation of church and state. I think the Constitution is very clear. The only separation is that there will not be a government church." –Tom DeLay (Source)
9) "Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist." –Tom DeLay, during a debate in Congress on increasing the minimum wage, April 23, 1996 (Source)
10) "I am not a federal employee. I am a constitutional officer. My job is the Constitution of the United States, I am not a government employee. I am in the Constitution." –Tom DeLay, in a CNN interview, Dec. 19, 1995 (Source)
Got another stupid Tom DeLay quote? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorial Photo 9-11 and Katrina Censored
And now, bringing to this stage, more "Interestingness". Straight from a public photo-sharing community, the "Honk" image of my memorial to 9-11 and Katrina on our personal protest that day has been deleted from public view in tag searches and all records deleted from it having achieved the #1 photo for that day in flickr.com.
What does this mean? In it's place, a different memorial photo to 9-11 has been recognized as #1. Despite over 3,000 views and many comments, the Honk image is now relegated to a form of detention. The image may be seen by those who "faved it" or know to come look at it within my photo stream, or by those who are members of group photo pools that I submitted it to.
However, if a visitor goes to visit a photo pool, in a group such as "Top-F" (for top favorited photos), they will not see that Honk is in that group pool, at all. Only people who join that group will be able to see it.
This is sad that such censorship can come in any form, at any time, in Amerika. The new image I have in my photo stream: current photo September 13 provides proof that my Honk image was censored by wingnuts who were angered about my message. All they had to do was click a link called "May Offend" and it was removed from public searches and the archives of the most popular images of that day. There is no remedy to right this wrong, but it is also my perogative to publicize what has happened.
see the proof here:
Embarassed by Bush
Today, my son and I and my roommate marked the fourth anniversary of 9-11 by making our protest signs and standing on a busy street corner in Phoenix, Arizona with them. Hundreds of honks! Who says one person can't make a difference!!!
We had a fantastic reception this afternoon on a busy street corner in a ritzy part of town, not far from our home. This was right next to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, where Bush stays at when he is in town. For over an hour, the three of us stood, with hundreds of passing cars honking approval. Some of the hotel guests came by and told us we "are doing the right thing". NickFun saw three very old ladies in a car that laid on the horn so loud and so long it was amazing!
After the "approval" and good ratings earning by George Bush after the 9-11 disaster, he has squandered it all on appointing cronies to do his jobs. And then he appointed losers. Just think of the horror of ADDING TO THE KATRINA DISASTER by the inept response of our own federal government!
When Norway sends forensics experts to help identify bodies, and dead bodies float for days, something is terribly wrong in the US of A. This is not the country I recognize any more. We, who are known to go anywhere in the world to retrieve and rescue one American, have let all the people down with this catastrophe. Think of all the living that were treated like expendable nothings while the politics were being played. Think of the lame excuses offered by the Bush Administration. When will this embarassment end?
You can help by clicking this link to register your support of Americans who are against the America as defined by a rich cowboy who does not represent the PEOPLE. Here is the original image on flickr.com and the link will record yet another "vote" of protest. Make a difference, now!
online for 4727 Days
last updated: 12/3/10 3:28 PM
Youre not logged in ... Login
... Fav Links
Time will come today
undefined (Last update: 12/3/10 3:28 PM)